Monday 16 May 2011

Howl's Moving Castle

Since I first saw the Studio Ghibli film, Ive loved 'Howl's Moving Castle' and it has to be my favourite film.
Its my birthday soon, and although I did used to have the DVD, it was sadly lost and i mean lost...
However, all I want for my birthday is Ghibli's Howl's Moving Castle, and that's what I getting!
I recently read the wonderful book by Diana Wynne Jones [which the film was based on], and it really rekindled my love for the Film. I cant wait to watch it again!

I want to produce a series of illustrations based on the book, and for nostaglia sake [of the film] I post some inspirations and unique and beautiful works by others, based upon the tale...


This is a fantastic illustration and really supports the Calcifer from
the books. I do love the Calcifer in the films, but its not at all like
how is looks in the book. 
I love it!


This is such a fantastic rendition of Howl, and it captures the characters
of Elderly Sophie and Howl so well! I love his costume especially,
reminds me alot of disney.


Again, reminds me of disney. And I just love the design! 
Its just how I imagine things when I read the book.


My favourite scene from the film. I remember it bringing a tear to my
eye when ever I saw it. So happy, and just shows how much of 
a journey they went on, and how it was worth it.
The artist here has a very lovely painterly style that reflects the 
anime, but in a different way. 



Screencap from the film.
I love Markl [Micheal in the books], TurnipHead and the
Man-Dog all the same! There characters are so different in the book!
TurnipHead gives sophie a heart attack! =S


PLEASE NOTE
I dont own the images, I am merely sharing them as I love them! =D

2 comments:

  1. Was that 'lost' thing my fault? D: I swear, it wasn't me! The TV ate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I dont think you've borrowed it. Mum lost it at school i believe. =D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...